Churches in Lymm & District Covid-19 Response Fund
Update 25th November 2020
Our fundraising has been paused at this time while we consider what else we can do as churches in Lymm during these exceptionally difficult times.
We are pleased to report that overall, since May 2020, this fund raised approximately £15,000 from Churches Together in Lymm and District for a diverse range of charities including:
- Leave No-one Behind in Lymm
- The Hideaway-Hope Project in Partington, Oasis Gorton, Warrington Foodbank, and Room At The Inn Homeless Shelter
- And in the developing world funds were given to: Christian Aid, Life Association India, Amor Europe, Epiphany Trust, Friends of The Holy Land and The Leprosy Mission.
While this fund has been paused if you feel you wish to donate money specifically to any of these causes please contact: email@example.com
The fund has been set up using PayPal and is kept totally separate from the Lymm Baptist Church general fund. It seeks to address Covid-19 related needs across 3 different areas:
- Within Lymm – primarily through the established Leave No-one Behind initiative
- In neighbouring areas – where needs are seen to be greatest, via charities we already know well
- In developing countries where particular needs are brought to our attention – again using charities we know and trust
You may contribute:
- To any one of the areas 1, 2, or 3
- To all areas – in which case donations are divided equally across the 3 areas
The fund is currently paused.
Increase the value of your gift by 25%
If you are a UK taxpayer, the value of your gift can be increased by 25% under the Gift Aid scheme at no extra cost to you.
If you tick the Gift Aid box on the form below your additional support will help us to provide additional funds. Your donations are eligible for the scheme if you pay enough income tax and/or capital gains tax to cover the amount of tax that charities you donate to will reclaim. Council tax and VAT do not count.
Please note that the Gift Aid declaration need to match those on the payment details, otherwise we will be unable to process it.